Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey
Our lesson in Young Women's this past Sunday was finding Joy in Our Divine Potential. We had two ladies from our ward come talk to us about our divine potential as mothers. Both did a wonderful job speaking about being a mother and how much they enjoy being mothers. I want to thank Cami for her story of being a mother. She really got me to thinking about what women everywhere go through as a mother. There are many times that I find myself complaining about how sick I am, or how tired I am , or how fat I am. After listening to the lesson that Cami gave I realize that none of that matters. There are many women out there that could care less if they were sick or tired or fat just to be able to experience carrying a child of their own. Cami went through so much and has dealt with so many feelings and still has a smile on her face. I know that there is nothing I can say or do to make someone feel better about not being able to have children, but I do know that I can listen and be there to support them.
I am thankful for all the mothers in my life that are such great examples and that are so strong. I want to be a better mom because of the mothers I deal with on a daily basis. I love my children more than anything and I am glad that I have the opportunity to be their mom. I am thankful to the young unwed mothers that make the sacrifice of giving up their child for married couples to adopt and have a family with both a mom and a dad. I have many friends that have had to deal with adoption and how happy they are when their new little baby comes home with them and is sealed to them. I am thankful to the stepmoms that struggle every day to be the best mom they can be. Even with the trials of knowing there is another mom in their children's lives they know that they are mom and they help in making those kids better people. Every woman in their own little way is a mom. Whether it is to nieces and nephews or cousins or the neighbor next door woman just have that natural ability to love children and make sure they are safe and that they are loved. So to all the mother's out there thank you for being you.
8 months ago

5 comments:
You made my eyes leak!! You are awesome!! Thanks for this post.
Cute post. Thanks!
Amy! What's up....I'm glad you found my blog or I would have never found your blog! Your kids are so big and darling! Good luck with the new baby...I hope the next few weeks are bearable. And, I'll tell Hubs to STOP telling you that you're getting big when you're at work....what a jerk!
That was really wonderful. We have a couple in our ward who can't have children and they still haven't figured out why. They just adopted last year and are hoping for another soon. It's so wonderful to help them with the process. It puts things into perspective. Thanks for sharing
Amy, you are awesome. You made me cry too. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love your blog.
Post a Comment