Monday, February 23, 2009

"I'll be the greatest fan of your life"

It was the summer of 1998, both Corey and I worked in the city of amusement. I ran rides and he fixed rides. I was young and he was older. I thought he was a hottie. I begged his brother-in-law (at the time) to hook me up. It took some persuading to get that initial meet and greet, but after that our journey began. We were sitting in the break room one afternoon and you could look out this one way window and people watch. Corey turned to me and said, "Look at that girls... (I look out the window) jugs." How romantic, he made me look at a girls chest. Not really, but it was a good conversation starter. One of our first dates we went on a hike and Corey kept picking up rocks and saying, "this one's pretty" I thought, "ok kind of weird, but I like him so I will play along." He kept putting the pretty rocks in my pocket. Later, I found out he just wanted to put rocks in my pocket. Our first kiss, we were at laughs comedy club, we were eating nacho's, he put a nacho in his mouth and turned to me to share, as I went in for a bite he removed the chip and we kissed. Our first break up was only months later, but then in Nov 1998 Corey called me... my heart was fluttering... I couldn't believe he was calling me after we hadn't talked for months. He had Edwin McCain, "I'll be" playing in the background it was magic. He called me a couple of days later to set up a date, and he had that song playing in the background again. We had our ups and downs for a couple of years, but then there was no mistaking we were meant to be. We got engaged on Dec 31, 2001 and brought in 2002 as an engaged couple. We dated for another year and were married in the Bountiful temple on Feb 21, 2003. We have been together for almost 11 years and married 6 of those years. I love Corey as much today as I did when we were dating. I can't believe it has already been 6 years. Time as flown by. Corey has held true to the song "I'll be" he is the greatest fan of my life and I am of his. Corey and I celebrated our anniversary this year by going to dinner at Ruby River. It was a great meal, I probably shouldn't have gone there pregnant and sensitive to food, but just to be together was good enough for me. Thank you to my Dad for watching the kids so we could have the one on one time. And to Corey, (the rest of you can stop reading the sappy if you would like) I love you, thank you for so many wonderful years. I am so happy that I get to spend the rest of time and eternity with you, my best friend.
Oct 1999
Engagements Jan 2003


7 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

Happy Anniversary! So exciting!

LIZ said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 6 years together. You make such a great couple.

A♥E - Wanderlust With Us said...

Hello my long lost friend :( Hope you & the family are doing well. Happy belated b-days to you & Corey ...as well as anniversary :)!! We thought of you guys on over the holiday/birthday weekend (Eric's b-day too) & hoped you could feel the love we were sending your way :)we miss ya bunches...Apes & Eric :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two! I remember those days well. Glad to see it all worked out for the best!

Becca Jo said...

Ahh so cute!!! ;) Congrats and happy anniversary.

Sheri said...

Aww...Happy Anniversary!! Sorry I'm a few days late. I love your story. It brings back memories of the way you two always made me laugh. I always thought you guys had the funnest relationship. I hope your marriage is full of fun and lots of love for the rest of the eternities to come!!

Stacie said...

Happy late everything. You sure have a busy month....I am glad to see that you have had a great anniversary!