Thursday, July 17, 2008

Clinton Heritage Days

Clinton Heritage Days were held last week. You never know how much a city has grown until you go to their parade. All I can say is Holy Moly!! When I was little the parade consisted of every ward in the stake having a float and bikes decorated and not much else. This year there were 76 parade entries. No that is not a typo there really were 76. The parade was held on Sat July 12, 2008. My sister and I planned to meet to get a spot at 8:30 am and it is a good thing we did because if not we wouldn't have found a spot. Of course as I mentioned with the 4th of July I love to cheer for all the floats. I am still a little scruffy in the voice from all the yelling. I also love when floats have water guns. It is so refreshing to get drenched with water. I was encouraging the drenching as Camrey (which I didn't know at the time) was standing behind me getting just as wet. Needless to say I was wet and happy and Camrey was wet and not happy. B was happy to just be eating the candy. He didn't go out into the street much he just stayed on the curb.

Pre parade waiting
A couple hours after the parade Crystal and her kids and me and my kids headed up the canyon to visit with our Dad who went up Ogden canyon to camp. We played in the water and ate dinner and then came home. Playing in the river was fun for the kids. You know when your little and even though the water is cold you really don't care you just get in anyway. Why does it change when you get older? I got my legs in the river and it was so cold that I wasn't willing to get anything else wet. Crystal was a little more daring. She even floated down the river a little bit on a tube. Camrey wanted to try so I let her float down the river right after Crystal so she could stop her. Crystal then had to carry Camrey half way up the river to me and then I carried her the rest of the way. Then Crystal's little girl Boo wanted to try so we did the same thing for her. After that excitement I put a chair in the water and just dangled my feet in the river and just relaxed.

3 comments:

Destini said...

Geez mom, you big wussy! Get in the water! It is funny that water is so cold now, Im the same way.

Stacie said...

I too am a wuss! I don't like to be cold! How can kids do it? Their lips will be completly blue, yet they will stay in the cold water until you drag them out! It sounds like fun! Why don't you have any pictures of you running from the cold water? Hmmmm....

Amber said...

Fun times! I am a baby too when it comes to getting cold. I much perfer to sit in the sun soaking up the rays and watching the kids freeze their butts off!