Ok, since I don't have my own camera and it is not easy to get the pictures downloaded onto my computer right now, I will give you an update of what we have been doing.
June 27, 2008 we went fishing with our friends Shay and Shannon and their three girls. We went up to lost creek where Corey has found that he rocks at catching fish. We got there at about 6:00 p.m.
It took a little while to get started because Shay and Corey had to get the kids all set up first. I took Camrey and helped her cast her line out. I don't currently have a fishing license so I was just there to watch. Soon Camrey and B were bored with fishing so they decided to play with sticks and rocks with the other kids.
Corey started casting his line out with power bait and soon we had 4 fish.
Camrey holding a crawdad
Shay also caught 1, but they didn't want to take one fish home so they gave it to us. Which we still haven't had a fish fry yet, but we will soon.
I think Corey has a thing for kissing the fish
One of the fish Corey pulled in all the kids were surrounding Shay while he worked on getting the hook out so Corey felt it would be a great time to scare the crap out of the kids. He snuck up behind them and yelled and they all jumped. Good times!
June 29, 2008 we went "fishing" with "The Hansen's". I say "fishing" because I don't think much fishing was done. We went to East canyon for this trip and it was dang hot and we were not in a great spot. There were some people that set up next to us that had dogs and the dogs kept coming over to us and knocking over the fishing poles and getting tangled in the lines. Camrey and B were very daring on this trip and kept walking deeper and deeper into the water. We didn't plan on swimming so we ended up letting B play in the water with just a diaper which as most of you know when you put a regular diaper in water it swells up. Camrey we let just get wet in her clothes, but let her take her shirt off for a little while so it could start to dry. It was very fun and relaxing just to sit on the beach and watch the kids. Lantz tried to throw me in the water, but all in fun knowing full well I didn't have clothes to change into. Angie got fried by the sun so she was a little bit in pain in the evening. Poor Angie! Angie took a bunch of great pictures of the kids with her other camera that we aren't borrowing so I will have to get those from her to show you the good times.
July 1, 2008 We set up the freebee pool that was left behind at my sister-in-laws house when they moved in and they decided to give it to us. It had a few holes to patch, but it does good for our kids to play in. Camrey is our fish. She loves going under water and seeing how far she can swim. She keeps saying "watch mom" then of course she does the same thing over and over. I even bought her some goggles to she can see under water. Corey has been such a good dad and swims with them. I have actually got in the pool with them too. It seems safer to be in with them just in case.
July 4, 2008 Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love acting the fool at parades and cheering as loud as I can for all the cool floats and even the lame ones. We have found the louder you are the more candy you get. We woke up at about 7:30 am and cooked breakfast. We had Corey's Mom and Dad and his sister Heather and her kids all come over for breakfast. We had pancakes, eggs, bacon, and breakfast potatoes. It was delicious! Then we all caravaned to the city parade. This is the second year we have gone to our city's parade and we love it. It is not a huge parade so you don't have to worry about other kids pushing the littler kids. After the parade we went down to see what kind of festivities were going on at the park. There wasn't much going on so we let the kids play on the swings and slides and then headed home. Corey had to work in the evening so we put the kids down for their naps and Corey went on his way. I think I napped a little after that. I was debating about going to our city's fireworks, Lagoon's fireworks, or going with Lantz and Angie to Angie's parents house for fireworks. Corey mentioned he might not be able to sit with us at Lagoon so then I decided to go with Lantz and Angie. We played volleyball while the kids jumped on the tramp. My arms got so bruised from the volleyball. I am a soccer player so my arms were not conditioned for volleyball. The fireworks were great and we had a good time. I don't know if you noticed but Camrey has been asking some great questions so I gave her her own little place on the blog for her question of the day. On the way home from the fireworks is when she asked how you grow a baby. She asked some other questions, but I don't feel they are appropriate to share but they were very funny.
July 5, 2008 I found a babysitter for Corey and the kids and had a girls night with Angie and her sister. Corey and Lantz went camping and the kids went to Grandpa Joel's house. We did Olive Garden take out and watch 3 chick flicks. It was great. We watched Definitely Maybe (love it!), The Other Boelyn Girl (love it!), and The Notebook (love it and bawled my eyes out again!!). I think we went to bed about 2:00 am. Thank you Angie and Shelby for hanging out with me.
July 7, 2008 I had to work but Angie took Camrey and B to the Roy Aquatic center. I thought it sounded like so much fun that I sluffed half the day of work and went to the pool in the afternoon with Lantz, Angie, the kids, and Corey. Angie brought the kids home in the afternoon so they could take their naps, so we went back after that. I love being at pools because it is so much cooler with less clothes on in the 100 degree weather. We had a lot of fun and I know the kids did too.
6 months ago

3 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been having a fun, busy time! You better get a camera soon, but dont be like me and forget to take it everywhere you go1
All I can say is wow. You have been really busy! Yes, and please get a camera, soon!
That's sounds like a ton of fun. You guys are like the energizer bunny you just keep going and going and going! Ha ha ha
Post a Comment