Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The "Carni Trail"

You are now wondering to yourself, "What is she talking about?" I know you are. For the last couple of years we have helped our friends with their concession stands at the Pioneer Days Rodeo in Ogden and the Weber County Fair. They own Crazy Concessions which specializes in Navajo Tacos, Elephant Ear scones, and Gyros. Also, while working the Rodeo they make a huge plate of curly fries and foot long corn dogs. It is fun to actually get out and do something different and even though the work can be tough it is worth it to spend time with friends. So from July 19th to July 24th Corey and I spent our nights at the Rodeo. Some days were busier than others, but it was fun. I use the analogy that it is like pregnancy. You forget how bad it was the first time around so you keep doing it over and over. It really isn't bad, just hot and you work late hours. Here is a few pictures of the crew.

Corey works the fryer with Joe at the Navajo stand. He has mastered making scones.

This is the rest of Joe's family(Delana, Josie, and Colton). I love the Nelson's they are so fun to hang out with and are great friends.

Shar helps mostly at the Navajo stand. She is Delana's sister-in-law.

This is my partner at the Gyro stand, Natalie. She is the daughter of Shar and DeVan.

This is DeVan. He cooks all the Gyro's for us. Every year, I seem to say something to DeVan that just sounds bad. While making fries I told him he pulls out good, but what I should've said is he pulls the fries out just in time. Oh, I was so embarrassed for not thinking before talking.
Cody in the background looking at the camera is Natalie's boyfriend.
Colton in the evening stacking drink crates on his head. Good times!!!

Come see us at the Weber County Fair Aug 6th-Aug 9th.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Glad to see you haven't changed at all Amy. Still talking before thinking lol very funny stuff. Glad you found us & sent me you blog link. It's great to hear from you & you have a beautiful family.

Destini said...

I love your analogy! So true when it comes to things like this although it does look like a good time.

Amber said...

Looks like alot of work and alot of fun! Your kids are so cute swimming pool. I have yet to meet a kid who didnt like water! Way to go on the potty training to, I am scared to death with Dennin. You will have to give me pointers!