Monday, June 22, 2009

What's better than Lagoon in the rain?

Camping in the rain! Saturday 6/13, Corey and I get an itch to go camping. Corey says, "I'm half tempted to load up now and head up tonight." I said, "I would be game, but I have to teach the lesson in Young Women tomorrow." (which it was a good thing I went because the other teacher didn't show up) So we tentatively planned to go this weekend 6/20. Well, we heard the weather reports that said the showers were hit and miss and nothing major. We decided to head up Ogden Canyon and find somewhere up there to camp. Then we get a message from our brother-in-law, Brian, that says they want to go camping too and we can join them at their property up the same canyon. We get all the food purchased and packed up and the trailer all hooked up, all was looking good and then we get a call that Brian and Melanie can't get their trailer because the repair place was closed. Dang it! Well Corey and I were still game for camping so off we went up the canyon. By this time it was down pouring and I am thinking to myself, "self are we nuts?" (just kidding I don't talk like that) As we get further up the canyon it is still wet, but not bad. We ended up in the Meadows up South Fork. We got a really good spot where the trees helped keep us a little less wet. We get a fire going for Hobo dinners and while those are cooking the kids are playing in the nature.

By the time we were ready to eat the kids were soaked.

So I get them in the trailer and take off their wet clothes and we wait for Corey to bring us the food. We get done eating and there is another break in the storm so we went for a little walk to see if we could see any animals. We saw birds and squirrels and that was it.

It's sad that it is the end of June and I was in a snow coat.

The scenery was beautiful though

Back at the camp... Bailey was a trooper the whole weekend
I love this look and I love her big brown eyes!
Camrey and Brennen had fun outside and inside. In this picture they were in their pajamas and I thought they were going to stay in for the rest of the night. Nope... I was wrong, they got dressed again after this and came outside for more rain play.




The weather ended up clearing up right after we put the kids to bed. The stars were beautiful for about 15 minutes and then the clouds came again. We went to bed and I crashed until about 3:30 am. Corey got up to get the heater going again and so I was up. We were starting to go back to sleep when Brennen started to make some noises so I stood up and got up to their level and he grabbed me in a big hug, obviously still asleep, and said, "Goodnight, I love you" I say obviously because the night was almost over, but that is his routine and it was forgotten. Then I felt something wet. I asked Brennen if he had an accident and he said, "yes, I need new pajamas huh" I kept filling and decided to smell my hand and realized he didn't have an accident it was our trailer leaking. Yes, we have a ghetto trailer, but for the last two years we have not had any problems. So I told Brennen to move away from the wet area and go back to sleep which he did. We made it thru the night and overall had a pretty positive experience even with all the rain. On Sunday we were supposed to meet up with Corey's sister and family and go up to their property for the day to do some fishing and such. We got all packed up and met up with them. By the time we got to their property a pretty good storm was moving in so we decided to fish and then go home. I sat in the truck with Bailey so she wouldn't get soaked. The kids loved fishing, thanks Melanie and Brian.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Andrews said...

Looks like you guys have had a busy summer! That's awesome you don't let the rain ruin your plans.

Destini said...

Wow you guys are super troopers!! LOL Glad you had a nice time overall. Oh, and that you kept the baby dry.

Sheri said...

You guys are so adventurous! Seriously! I don't think you could ever talk me into camping in the rain, and that makes me a little sad! I'm sure I miss out on lots of exciting fun because I'm too scared to leave my comfort zone!

Becca Jo said...

I am itching to go camping but I am not sure it will happen this year. But keep posting about your camping trips and I will live through you :)

Amber said...

You are super mom! I would never want to go in the rain. I am just not a camper, unless it is too my cabin. I guess I would if I had a trailer though. Love the pictures, your kids are getting so big.