A couple of weeks ago I got an itch to go hiking. I love this time of year because the kids can be outside and getting exercise which means I can get outside and get exercise. So I got home from work one Friday and we headed up to Waterfall Canyon in Ogden. At first I didn't think we were going to make it up to the top because Brennen kept saying he was tired and needed a break. Once we got to the more shaded part of the hike Brennen didn't complain anymore.
Corey stopped to take some scenery pictures as he was waiting for Brennen to catch up. Everything was so beautiful up there.

One of our breaks. I think we were all pink cheeked even Bailey and she slept most of the time.

One of our breaks. I think we were all pink cheeked even Bailey and she slept most of the time.
Corey always the entertainer wanted us to know we were going that way :)
This kids loved the bridges
Like I said it was really pretty up there.
and surprise, surprise... we saw a snake. This was a good sized snake. Other hikers mentioned they saw a rattle snake. We did not see it. We only saw this snake and I was fine with the picture taking because Corey was doing it and I was making sure the kids didn't try to touch it. This is not a poisonous snake. Corey says it is all talk and no show.
Bailey was extremely good the entire hike. Once we were to the top I realized that it was her eat time. But as you can see she was happy with her tongue sticking out.
I had an extra traveler on the way down. This traveler I didn't mind and then it just flew away.
What goes up must come down.
I must say my kids did awesome on this hike and I am not afraid to go on another hike. I thought Bailey was going to be a crank bucket by the time we were to the bottom, but she surprised us and was good the whole way down. Then I realized I brought a bottle with water but no formula... Gue! I suck as a mom... and this isn't my first rodeo what is my problem?!? We ran to the store and got formula so she didn't starve.


3 comments:
What a fun time! I want to take the boys up there just not so convenient living up North. If it will ever stop raining we can come down on a weekend. LOL! Cute cute pictures!
Oh how I love hiking! We haven't made it out yet this year and I'm almost ashamed of myself! You just gave me a major itch for it though. Maybe the next time we have a weekend that isn't pouring rain...
This is my favorite hike! Looks like you had a great time!
We really need to get together.
Post a Comment