Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tag

Christmas Time Tag...
I was tagged by my cousin Chandra.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Growing up I think we had a real tree once and it was an awful mess, I am all about pre-lit artificial trees.
3. When do you put up the tree? The Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving (never before)
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get the motivation after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? I like it, but only mixed with ½ eggnog and ½ milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't have a favorite gift, but I do have a favorite Christmas experience. Every year my parents taught us the spirit of giving. We had a neighbor that really didn’t have a lot of family. We would always do something special for her for Christmas. My mom would buy gifts and wrap them and then we would leave them on the door step from Santa. We would do this for her every year and we also did it for another family in our ward one year. This above all is the best part of Christmas!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, mine is very fancy, so this year with how active my kids are I didn’t put it out for fear it would get broke. I need a better way to display it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Parents and siblings
9.Easiest person to buy for? Corey and the kids. I get told I want, I want, I want all the time :)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I am bad I don’t do either. So Merry Christmas to all of you and your family! (Does this count?)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t think I have ever received a gift I didn’t like.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year I started in September. Usually I start end of November into December up until Christmas
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, when I receive gift baskets from staffing agencies, I give them to other people because I know I won’t eat anything in the gift baskets and I don’t want them to go to waste.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Josh Groban “O Holy Night”
Faith Hill “Where are you Christmas”

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rulolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I don’t have either.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How commercial it has become. The true meaning of Christmas is about giving and not receiving. We celebrate Christmas because of the birth of our Savior. He has given us so much.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love Christmas bears. I decorate with bears and the colors on my tree are red, gold, and silver.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Pumpkin Pie and Turkey (I know turkey should be Thanksgiving, but I like it all the time.)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have told Corey many times not to get me anything. I am happy to sit back and enjoy the kids opening their presents and to see how happy they are.
26. Who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionaire?
Cami, Wendy, Melanie, Angie, Pam

0 comments: