After Thanksgiving I have started to make a tradition of putting the Christmas tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year Camrey kept asking when we could put up Christmas and I had to keep telling her after Thanksgiving. I have this issue. I don't like that Christmas music starts playing before Thanksgiving and all the retail stores start putting Christmas out in September. I know with that comment I may upset some people, but I believe that each holiday should get its time. Thanksgiving seems to get overlooked and it is all about Christmas. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, just not the commercial part of it. With that said I did wait until after Thanksgiving and finally got the inside decorated. We just haven't got the lights up outside yet. It gets too dark to fast. So on Friday evening Corey brought up the tree and I got a head start and got the tree up that night. Saturday morning I fed myself and the kids and then we got started on the decorating. I get a little stressed when the kids help because I am afraid they are going to break all the ornaments. I want to make the experience good for them, but the experience is not good for me if I am stressing. I let them help put ornaments on the tree as long as I could tell them where they went. This project took a lot out of me this year, but it is now done. Here is the final product.
8 months ago



5 comments:
Very cute! I let my kids put up the ornaments, and then I had to rearrange them all because they were all in one spot!
Looks great! And I agree with you, poor Thanksgiving gets a raw deal!!
I love the fence around the Christmas tree. That's exactly what I need. Tanner won't leave my tree alone.
I think we all go through the same things when the kids help. Your little fence is too cute. I am happy to see that you are finally looking prego....thought I was going to be the one of us that took on the great look of round. he he he he
Your tree looks so good. And the fence is definetly a good idea. We need to do something about the area around our tree. Averee has a fond time touching all of the ornaments!
Post a Comment