Monday, October 13, 2008

TAGGED!!!

Thanks to Brooke I have been tagged. I have read other people's blogs and when they got tagged I thought it was cool, but then as the tagging has got closer to me I started getting a little nervous. Well now it has happened and I don't want to be the lame one and not comply with the rules. The rules: You have to tell 6 unspectacular Quirks about yourself and then tag 6 other blogger's. This will be easy for me. Read to the end to see who I tag...

1. I am deathly afraid of spiders! I don't know if this is a quirk, but it is worth saying I do not like them one bit. I have dreams about spiders and jump out of my bed and start smacking the bed trying to kill the spider that I dreamed was crawling on me. When I still lived at my mom and dad's house and not married, I was helping them clean up their yard. I decided that day to tackle the grape bushes that were out of control. Once they were all pruned I had to carry the massive load to the trailer to take to the dump. I rolled up the vines, put them in a wheel barrel, and wheeled them to the trailer. I lifted the load into the trailer and thought, "Wow I rock!" Then it happened a huge spider was in the wheel barrel and I said, "It must DIE!" So with gloves on my hands and a brick in my hand I went for the kill. I missed! The spider ran on to my gloved hand. I then in seconds threw the gloves, which were big enough to just fling my hands and the gloves were off, to the ground and I sprinted into the house and dead bolted the door behind me. You know spiders can one follow you and two they can open doors.

2. I too am scared of thunder and lightning. For those of you who read Brooke's post about waking up to barely the dull roll of thunder and just laying there frozen. That is me. When I was little I would crawl into bed with my brother because I was scared to death. Now either I lay there frozen until it is over or I will curl up next to Corey. If I have to go to the bathroom during a thunder storm, I will wait until I know it is long passed before getting out of bed.

3. I have broke into a teachers house just to say hi. One night my good friend Stephanie and I decided we wanted to go to one of our teachers/coaches/friends house and say hi. It was pretty late, but we thought, "what the heck". We walked around the entire house trying to find a way into the house. Why we didn't just ring the door bell or knock on the door, I don't know, but this seemed a lot more exciting. Well we found a way into the house. We saw her little cat door, which was the size of about an 8X10 sheet of paper, and said, "we can enter through there." Stephanie tried first unsuccessfully. She couldn't get her broad shoulders through the hole. Next it was my turn. I got in to my waist, but my hips were too big, but there was no turning back. Steph started pushing my hips to fit them through the cat door. Finally, we were in or I was in and Steph was outside. I couldn't figure out how to get the door unlocked, so Steph ran to my car and grabbed my cell phone and I walked through the house upstairs to the back door and finally Steph was in. While I was going through the house Steph called the unnamed teacher and told her she was in jail and she needed her to come bail her out. Of course the teacher was willing to help Steph out of a jam. I let Steph into the house in the process of the teacher getting ready to bail her out. The teacher came walking out of her room and there we were and scared the crap out of her. She couldn't believe one that we were there and two how we got in the house. She was good humored about it and every now and then when I visit her at the school she will tell her students of how we broke into her house.

4. Most of you already know this, but I am late to just about everything. If you want me to be on time to anything you should tell me that the event starts 30 min to an hour before it really starts. If I know that someone told me an earlier time just to get me there on time, I will be late. I don't know what is wrong with me.

5. I hate shopping. Corey and I will go to just Walmart and he will want to walk the entire store. I drag my feet the whole time. I want to get what we came for and leave. When shopping for clothes I wish the clothes would just pop out and say this is your size and will look good on you and then I could be out of the store, I hate browsing. I am terrible when it comes to looking for deals because I just don't want to take the time. It gets even worse when there is a ton of people. I get a great deal of anxiety when there are people in my way or long lines or I just can't find what I am looking for. I am not a good shopping buddy.

6. I get super cranky when I get hungry. It starts out that I am just hungry, but then without warning I turn in to a complete monster. Corey knows when I am at that point and he knows now not to mess with me. Also, when I get to the monster stage I am no good at making decisions. I just want someone to decide and then get the food so I can eat. I start getting hot then cold then sweaty and mouthy. I haven't got to this point too much since I've been pregnant because I am eating all the time anyway, but when I do watch out.

Now that I have let you in on all the details of me, I tag the following bloggers:
1. Becca Mullen
2. Shannon Dabling
3. Stacie Johnson
4. Destini Madsen
5. Tiffany Andrews
6. Wendy Steenick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You crack me up. I can see you breaking into your teacher's house. Don't take that the wrong way. I just think of crazy fun times when I'm with you. Like when you and I drove to Chandra's wedding at Jordan River Temple. I was hanging on for dear life!! LOL :-) Good memories! Do you remember what you told me? "I drive kind of crazy, huh? You'll get used to it."

The Andrews said...

That's pretty funny about you hating shopping! I can remember when we went school shopping for you at Shopko and you were in and out of there in like fifteen minutes! Looks like you haven't changed!

Brooke said...

Good Job! I didn't know you are affraid of thunder and lightening too. I still freeze in my bed. We are funny!

Jay said...

speaking of teachers I'm sure you remember Mr. Hillier from SJHS I worked with him over the Summer at Davis county Mosquito Abatement. I about fell over when I saw him. he looks the same. lol