Or not... Camrey is playing soccer this year and so far it has been a little frustrating. She was so excited I had the uniforms and the soccer balls and we bought her shin guards and she was all about playing soccer. Fast forward to her first game. She cried and pouted and threw a fit because the other team kept getting the ball. Not only was she having a ruff time but two of the other players kept asking when the game was going to be over and when they could take a break. The first game did not go well. They scored zero goals and the other team scored about 20. The other issue is that I am the coach and I thought it would be easy, but it is so hard. Now don't get me wrong because I am making this sound so negative. I have very cute girls on the team and they try so hard. It is more frustrating for me then it is for them. And I do stay positive and tell them great job and to keep having fun. The hard thing is when they just stop playing because they are tired of playing. The second game was a little better just Brennen crying the whole time. Still a blow out by the other team but the girls were having fun. The third game. The other team only had two players against our three players and it was still a blow out by the other team. Camrey by this point has given up on going after the ball she just runs with the crowd. A mother couldn't be more proud. The following pictures are from the first game. For those of you from Chaos, yes that is our back up uniform that we wore and yes I still have it and it still fits.






8 months ago

6 comments:
Hang in there Amy! I know how you feel. Jayden played so well the first game and then the last couple of games he has shown no interest in it at all. One of the games we had to tell him 10 times to stop laying down and try to get the ball. I was almost in tears and my mom had to keep telling me that this is a learning experience for him and can take time. They are young and it will come sooner or later!
It's worse because you play! I commend you for coaching though!! I don't have enough patience :)
Wow!! I can't believe you still have your Chaos shirt! I like the number she is wearing, she should be good with that number! ha ha.. Hopefully it will get better for her. Either that, or since she is around soccer so much( your games) maybe she has been scarred for life and doesn't want to play it. She knows what it leads to when you are older..
Amy, did you not learn anything from my HORRIBLE experience with coaching? I thought that I could totally coach, boy was I wrong...it was comptley frustrating, and I tried to be happy when the other team won, but it is hard to be happy when the team just does their own thing...And Cambree had many melt downs on the field also, it must be a Poorte/girl thing, Oh no.
Amy! I love your stories! I remember being blown out in my first few years of soccer and doing cartwheels on defense when we were winning. Hey I told Mandi I would like to play with you guys if you have room on an indoor team.
My daughter wants to play soccer but, I know her personality too well. I think well stick with dance until she toughens up a little.
Post a Comment