Monday, March 16, 2009

Disney on Ice!

Camrey had so much fun at Princesses on Ice last year that we decided to surprise both Camrey and Brennen with Disney on Ice this year. We kept it a surprise up until we got to the ESA. Corey was less than thrilled to go, but made it fun for the kids. Thanks for being a trooper Honey! :)
And yes this is me 9 months pregnant... I thought I would have a hard time sitting on the hard seats the whole time, but I made it.
We even saw Angie and Dane of "the Hansen's" there. Neither one of us knew we were going for some reason and then we ended up being just rows apart.
Camrey wishes she would have dressed up for the event like she did last year, but still had a good time. She was a little upset that Sleeping Beauty wasn't there this year.
It started out with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy out on the ice. Then shortly after came Goofy. The kids smiled and clapped and were excited to see the characters. Mickey and the gang started out on an African safari and here comes the Lion King. Camrey really enjoyed when Simba and Nala were skating and Simba lifted Nala in the air.
Then we got to experience Under the Sea with Ariel and Sebastian and Ursala.

The kids pretty much sat like this thru the whole thing
After that Lilo and Stitch came out and did their thing.

By this time Brennen's attention span started to get thin. Camrey enjoyed the whole thing except that her mean parents wouldn't spend any money on the overpriced popcorn, snow cones, and light up toys. I just can't justify it. I told them we would buy light up toys at Walmart. After a short intermission the event ended with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell and crew. I think the kids really liked that they flew.
This was a great experience for the kids and they had a great time. They were really good. I have to say I have some pretty good kids. And my husband isn't too shabby.
Perfect ending to a perfect day

6 comments:

The Andrews said...

How fun! We just went to that too. When did you go? Maybe we were there at the same time. I don't blame you for not buying them anything. The prices are crazy! I did however have to buy Cassidy some popcorn but that wasn't too bad!

Liz said...

I passed it up this year but will have to make sure we go next time it's here. Looks like you guys had fun!

Becca Jo said...

The pic of Brennen and Corey would suggest that Corey was just as entranced as the children ;)

Wendy said...

I love Brennen's smile at the end! Just take the picture MOM!!!

Amber said...

What fun! Princess on Ice was a blast last year. Had I not had a baby, I probably would have taken the kids to this as well.

Sheri said...

Oh, my kids would love that. I always swear I'll take them and I never do.

I just read on Melanie's facebook status that you had your baby! A big congrats to you! I can't wait to see pictures!!