Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If at first you DO succeed...

and it hurts like mad, try, try again? On Saturday I went to Becca's wedding. It was a very beautiful wedding and the reception was fun. It was nice to be able to chat with all my friends. Well after the reception the kids and I headed home. We didn't go right in the house when we got home because it was so nice outside. Camrey and I watered flowers and Brennen disappeared. Soon I heard him screaming/crying. I found him and he said he got stung by a bee. I asked him where he was and he said, through the tears, "Daddy's car". I was thinking he was by the car out front and maybe he just tried to pick it up and got stung, so I took him in the house and let the cold water run on his finger that got stung. Next we put a bandaid on it because bandaid's make everything better. We didn't go back outside that night.

So you would think after that Brennen would steer clear of any bee's so he wouldn't get stung again. Think again. Sunday night we were outside watering the lawn and flowers again, drawing on the sidewalk, and just hanging out. Again, I hear Brennen scream/cry and he comes to me with his finger swollen and red and he said he got stung again. This time I realized he was playing around Corey's RX-7 that sits by the side of the house. I took Brennen inside and let the cold water run on his finger again and I tried to find out where he was stung. His finger was so swollen this time that I couldn't tell where he was stung and how many times. We put another bandaid on in the general area, took a picture, and didn't go back outside.

This one really hurt because it started hurting Brennen in the middle of the night. I felt bad for the little guy, but I kept wondering why he was so not smart to keep going back to the wasps. I found the nest and Corey was sure to kill them yesterday when he got home from hunting. He actually found an even bigger nest on the other side of the bumper where there were tons of wasps. Corey ended up being the hero.

2 comments:

WheelersFamily said...

Oh my that looks terrible!
It was fun hanging out at the wedding. The kids were so funny together.

Amber said...

Poor little guy! His finger looks awful! It is really sad that kids dont learn from the first time around. Dennins legs are both tore up from falling on tree roots and then going back over and playing on the again...its like DUH!