Friday, May 9, 2008

The "in" thing

So I want to start blogging, which I guess I am taking the first step by at least creating a page. We haven't had much excitement in May yet and I don't know how far back to go before I confuse everyone and myself (which for me confusion comes easily). I start a post and then delete it because I just don't know if it is good enough. And really it is just a blog so how good does it really have to be? So here is a little update about the Martin's.

In August 2007 we went camping with some friends over opening weekend of the bow hunt. Corey didn't get anything that weekend, but we had fun riding four wheelers and hanging out around camp. In the evenings we would get a little punchy and think everything was hilarious. Camrey loved the wild flowers and spent a lot of time picking them. Camrey loves to pick flowers which is not a great thing when you plant flowers and the same day Camrey picks them and the whole flower comes out of the pot. Poor Pansie's never had a chance. Brennen would jump on the four wheelers or the little motorcycles and would fake drive them. We would be sitting around camp and then we would hear Vrooooom! Vrooooom! and go find Brennen sitting on one of the bikes.
In September 2007 we took a vacation to Yellowstone. On the way up we stopped in Island Park and saw a moose which made my whole trip because I love moose! Then as we were leaving Island Park we saw a bear in the distance which was just as cool because I love bears! Once we got to West Yellowstone it was late so we stayed at the hotel and played in the pool. Camrey is so daring. She went down the waterslide all by herself and then Corey would catch her at the bottom. Brennen at first was scared to be in the pool, but once he got used to it he couldn't get enough. It was very rainy while we were there but then you don't have to deal with a lot of crowds. We were able to see quite a few elk in Mammoth and got some pretty good pictures. On our way home from Yellowstone we stopped at Bear World in Idaho and drove around where they have a bunch of bears. You can't get out of your car, but it is still exciting to see the bears. We then went into their petting zoo where we were able to pet the deer, goat, hogs, and any other animal that wanted to come close to you.


October 2007 we celebrated Brennen's 2nd birthday. We took him and Camrey to the zoo which they loved. Camrey loves to go in and see the monkeys and Brennen likes to see the penguins. He remembers the movie Happy Feet so he tries to walk like the penguins and dance like them too. The baby orangutan was very entertaining it kept playing peek-a-boo.

Also, in October of course you have Halloween. It seems to have become tradition to have a Halloween party with all "the girls". This year we went to Ambers house and took pictures of the kids and decorated cookies. It is great to get together with everyone and for the kids to be able to play together. This year we dressed Camrey up as a princess and Brennen as a caveman (very fitting). Camrey keeps asking why she can't wear her princess dress to church. B was sick of being so manly in the caveman costume so while playing with the kids downstairs he decided to take off the caveman boots and trade up for some dress up high heels and a necklace. (Sometimes I wonder about him)

November 2007 we celebrated Camrey's 4th birthday. She came out with a pretty good amount of presents. All were princess themed. She got a snow white barbie and a snow white dress with shoes. We had all the family over which was fun. Camrey now keeps asking when she will be 5. She was actually asking that a couple days after her birthday. Camrey comes up with a lot a clever little things that crack us up. One day she was at the store with her grandma. Grandma had to call Grandpa for something and while she was on the phone she mentioned there was a good deal on Mac and Cheese. Grandpa said to go ahead and get some and Grandma said, "Yeah, 'cause the kids will eat it 'til the cows come home." She ended the conversation and as soon as she gets off the phone Camrey asks, "So grandma, when are the cows coming home?" Grandma busted up laughing and Camrey continued, "Do you even have a cow?" At this point Grandma couldn't do anything but laugh and couldn't answer Camrey. Another time Brennen was play shooting and shot at Corey. Corey fell to the ground and played dead. Camrey ran over to him and shouted "Oh no! You killed the wrong man!"
November also brought black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). I have never understood why people would wake up so early to go shopping. We (Corey and I) saw a great deal on the Zune MP3 player and decided we would try the black Friday shopping. We first went to Toys R Us but after seeing the line decided we wouldn't go there. We then went to Radio Shack and we were in a good spot in line. Here is the problem, we decided to bring the kids and let them sleep in the car. That meant one of us in the car and one of us in the line. I started out in line. One it is cold and I wasn't real prepared for that and two you have no one to talk to. Corey traded up with me after 30 minutes. He was the one that was able to go in the store, picked the wrong line, and came out with nothing. I will NEVER do that again.

December 2007 of course brings Christmas. This year Christmas was great. We took it easy on Christmas day and I actually was more relaxed then ever. We went to Corey's parents house and then to my mom's house and then back home. The kids were able to play with their toys and even take naps so they were not cranky all day. I would recommend that type of Christmas to anyone.

January 2008 I was able to go to Phoenix, AZ and play soccer in a tournament. There were six of us from UT and we had a great time. We played with a team from New Mexico and they were fun. We ended up not going to any finals so we started out our Monday preparing to get to the airport and hope to get on an early flight home on stand by. All of our tickets were stand by which I have never experienced before. When we were flying to AZ we had no problems getting on the flight using the buddy pass, but coming home was a different story. We got to the airport to find out that flights were being cancelled due to weather in UT. We were thinking of any possible ways to get home. Do we just get another hotel for the night and try to fly back Tuesday? Do we rent a car and try to drive home? Or do we just try to buy a ticket and fly home on that flight? We went with option 3. Overall that was a fun and great learning experience for me.

You might recognize from fellow blogger Brooke
February 2008 we celebrate not only Valentine's Day but also my birthday, Corey's birthday and our anniversary. Needless to say that is a busy month and we didn't think that out clearly when we decided to get married.

March 2008 Easter came early. We hold the annual Martin family Easter egg hunt every year at our house on the Saturday before Easter. It is always fun and seems to get bigger and bigger every year. Last year we had decided to leave all the eggs at my house for the Easter bunny to fill and hide. Well then we forgot that was the plan and ended having more eggs purchased to fill. We had 6 kids hunting for over 1oo eggs. They had fun though which made it fun for the parents. Last year it was warm enough on Easter to find a snake in the yard. No snake this year.



Camrey and I also got some one on one bonding time with a bunch of other people at Princess's on Ice. It was so fun to get Camrey excited about seeing the Princess's and being able to dress up. We went with the girls from my soccer team and all of their daughters. Afterward we went to dinner. It's so nice to be able to spend that time individually with the kids.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to give Amy, I am so proud! Haha Keep Bloggin!

Shannon said...

oops.. I mean "Way to give in" haha

Stacie said...

I am so proud of you right now! I am not afaid to tell people that we are related anymore! :) HA HA!! It looks great and just so you know you will be tested later, to make sure that you are blogging right!

WheelersFamily said...

I love the Halloween pictures. Gracie's hair is growing... Never would have thought. Love the blog!

Manning said...

Awesome Blog - I am impressed. I guess I am going to have to try it out too! Cute family!!

Brooke said...

Cute blog! Your family is way cute. But you already know that cause i tell you every Tues and Thursday. Keep up the blog cause its the only way we get to stay in touch. Ha ha NOT. You probably see me more than you want to.